- The most obvious one brush your teeth twice daily just as you wake up and before going to bed to remove plaque built up on the teeth.
- Change your tooth brush regularly whether its a manual tooth brush or electric, to avoid build up of bacteria on the head of the toothbrush.
- Hold the toothbrush like a pen, tilt and brush at 45 degrees to the teeth in a circular motion and not scrubbing action.
- Try to floss with your eyes closed so you do not need a mirror, buy lots of floss and place in the car and office so you can floss any time.
- Buy a minty mouth wash and use when you feel your breath is not so fresh (lick your hand and smell the hand while its wet if you smell something the its time to use a mouth rinse).
- Use a tongue scraper and scrape the tongue first thing in the morning to remove all the bacteria from the tongue.
- Try to eat crisp, raw foods like apples, carrots and pop corn to keep the teeth clean.
- Using either baking soda or salt as toothpaste on your teeth to make them look whiter.
- Only eat light coloured food and drink, anything which has a strong colour will stain the teeth.
- Get a home teeth whitening system from your dentist and use it when you feel the colour of your teeth is fading.
Bonus tip is for the ladies do not wear pale colour lipsticks as these will make your teeth look yellower, wear medium coral or light red lipsticks to make your teeth look whiter.
Teeth Whitening Bexleyheath, Kent
If you need a hygienist or tooth whitening appointment, please don’t hesitate about contacting us. We pride ourselves on giving you the first-class care you need to keep your smile happy and healthy. You can book online via our contact form for a teeth whitening appointment in Bexleyheath or call us on 020 8303 3726.