Oral Hygiene at Danson Park Dental Practice in Bexleyheath, Kent
Looking after your teeth and gums properly can minimise a lot of discomfort (and expense) in the future. The underlying cause of many dental problems is gum disease which is caused by a build up of bacteria in the mouth. At Danson Park we encourage patients to have regular check-ups to have the build-up of deposits and plaque removed from their teeth. We aim to work with patients to help prevent and minimise the effects of gum disease avoiding the need for more evasive treatments at a later stage.
Oral Hygiene Treatments
The treatment is a preventative and holistic approach to a long lasting oral health, which can help you to build that attractive healthy smile you desire.
Danson Park’s hygiene therapist provides a wide range of services designed to improve and protect your oral health. Our team are professional and have extensive education and training in preventive and clinical oral health care and you can have direct access to them without seeing a dentist beforehand.
Whether you are seeking routine dental care, dental implants, orthodontics, or cosmetic dentistry, it is very likely that your treatment programme will begin with a visit to see our hygiene therapist.
Some of the services provided include:
- Assessment of your oral health
- Create an individual hygiene treatment plan to make sure you can enjoy optimum oral health
- Provide treatments customised to meet the varied requirements of children, teenagers, adults, the elderly and those with medical conditions
- Perform a professional cleaning, removing plaque and tartar, even below the gum line. This is crucial for the prevention or treatment of gum disease
- Preventive care experts providing education and advice on the methods and benefits of excellent dental care
- Application of fluorides and sealants to help prevent caries (decay)
Studies have found evidence of some systemic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and many other major concerns may appear in the mouth first. Therefore, hygienists and therapists monitor any changes in your oral health between visits. If they see anything suspicious, they will inform you and recommend you visit your GP.
Our Hygiene therapist is a great source of information. She can provide training on the correct way to brush your teeth, how to floss effectively, how to use interdental brushes, toothbrush care, hygiene aids that may be helpful, how much and what type of toothpaste to use, and much more. If you have dental care questions – ask your hygienist or therapist.
For more information about Oral Hygiene or to book an appointment call Danson Park Dental Practice on 020 8303 3726.